Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sunday's Psalm--Seventh Sunday of Ordinary Time

R. Lord, heal my soul, for I have sinned against you.

Blessed is the one who has regard for the lowly and the poor;
in the day of misfortune the LORD will deliver him.
The LORD will keep and preserve him;
and make him blessed on earth,
and not give him over to the will of his enemies.

Lord, heal my soul, for I have sinned against you.

The LORD will help him on his sickbed,
he will take away all his ailment when he is ill.
Once I said, "O LORD, have pity on me;
heal me, though I have sinned against you."
Lord, heal my soul, for I have sinned against you.

But because of my integrity you sustained me
and let me stand before you forever.
Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel,
from all eternity. Amen. Amen.
Lord, heal my soul, for I have sinned against you.
Psalm 41: 2-3, 4-5, 13-14

Photos:
birdhouse at Toppenish National Wildlife Area, Washington
soapberries at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park, Arizona
bitterroot blossom, Spokane, Washington
lupine leaves after a rain, Mt. Rainier National Park, Washington
pond in the Japanese Garden, Yakima Area Arboretum, Yakima, Washington
Mt. Shasta, California
sunset at Goose Lake, Oregon California border

4 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Lovely post...but then, they always are.
Sandi

david mcmahon said...

Lovely shots.

My Odd Shot is up ....

Maude Lynn said...

This is just a gorgeous post!

Janie said...

I'm glad you identified everything at the end. Indeed, these gifts show much to be thankful for.