Monday, December 29, 2008

Crossing the Cattle Guard

Lately, I have happened onto some Odd Shot posts on blogs I hadn't visited before--or that I hadn't been to for some time. They hadn't posted a comment here. Without the comment, we won't find our way to your Odd Shot--especially if you aren't a regular Odd Shotter and haven't been added to the blogroll. I can't add you to the blogroll if I don't know you are doing Odd Shots.

We went on a snowshoeing excursion here in the Valley Christmas afternoon, and had to cross this cattle guard. It looked pretty odd coated with snow.
~
And explanation of the Odd Shot concept and how to play can be found by clicking the Odd Shot camera in the sidebar.

12 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Seems like window into the snow's "underworld".

Mnie is up here

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your grid almost looks like a window with snowy colonial bars on it! Interesting shot!

Here is mine!

Swinging Point of View

Liz Hinds said...

That's just perfect!

I guess you probably get fed-up of snow but I'd love it if we had just a bit now and again!

I'm doing an Odd Shot this week because I have one ...

Hilda said...

I don't know what a cattle guard is, but it sure looks pretty covered in snow.

The jeepney is the king of the Metro Manila's public transportation system. I saw a luxury version of it recently. Actually, non-Filipinos would find the jeepney itself odd ;D

Gattina said...

That's funny, lol ! BTW I am a very faithful odd shotter !

Mary said...

Lovely odd shot!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Very strange image as only snow can be.

Anonymous said...

We call them Cattle Grids here and in Wales. They are everywhere but they seem to fail to keep sheep off the roads.
A happy New year to you and yours, Katney.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Merry Christmas!

I've played on my blog today.

Victor said...

Nice oddshot today Katney. Mine's up over at GDP. Cheers!

Unknown said...

We have several of those around here, and I always have to look into them. It is most likely some kind of compulsive sickness that I have. I am glad that you have enlightened me that I am not the only one fascinated with them!

Cath said...

I always love your odd shots. Over here we call those cattle grids (at least, in the north we do.) They look extremely odd in the snow!
Great shot.