Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where are the birds?

When we were trying to load the piano on Sunday morning, we had a small U-Haul truck pulled up under this tree. A small flock of cedar waxwings and one robin were protesting our presence quite actively.

I had not noticed this nest in the tree before. Is it new, or had I just missed it while there were still leaves and not looked up since? I thought I was more observant than that.

I had never seen a cedar waxwing in the flesh before. Where did they come from? Where did they go? Will they return?

I have gone out about the same time each day since, but only saw one sparrow and one robin in the tree. Is it the same robin?

And whose nest is it? I hope they come back.

4 comments:

imac said...

I hope they come back too, so you can capture them for us all.

Have you seen the Red Devils?

Janie said...

I thought you were going to say the birds pooped on your piano!
Glad that didn't happen.
Ah, I remember the piano-moving from when we moved here 2 years ago. It went okay, surprisingly, although I was worried. Hope you got yours to the new place successfully.

Daryl said...

I hope they come back I've never seen one of those ...

Lew said...

I think the birds were asking you to play a few tunes for them!