Monday, August 11, 2008

Twofer Tuesday--Hammering Man

The Hammering Man stands on the corner outside the main venue of the Seattle Art Museum in downtown Seattle. The museum reopened just over a year ago after a sixteen month long expansion project.

Seattle's Hammering Man is 48 feet high. Other Hammering Man sculptures by sculptor Jonathan Borofsky are located in cities around the world and vary in size. The Hammering Man celebrates the worker. He hammers four times a minute fifteen hours a day, resting in the evening and on Labor Day.

Jonna started doing Two fer Tuesday and some of us have joined her. Post two related photos or photos in related pairs. Stop by to visit her.

9 comments:

Kyanite said...

I'm amazed by his size!

Rune Eide said...

That must really be called a tough guy, but he ought to have a hard hat...

PS Thank you for the comment! I think they would have found room for you - some of the participants were older than me!

Anonymous said...

That sculpture is a bit different. Does the hammer make much noise ?

Unknown said...

I have never had the pleasure of seeing this worker sculpture in person. It must be really cool to watch.

don said...

What an interesting sculpture - and one that moves! I haven't had a chance to visit the museum yet. Fine pictures.

Daryl said...

WOW ... and what does he hammer?

:-Daryl

Suzi-k said...

ooh that art museum of yours is one of the places high on my "have to try and go there one day" list!
about my whale post, yesterday i was still writing this post and didn't realise it had published, it is a huge mission because I have to upload in wordpress, convert to html, copy codes across and then compose in blogger, so by the time i had done most of the pictures, i ran out of steam and fell asleep, so i only got to do all the text tonight! Anyway I hope you come back and see what a whale's footprint is!

EG CameraGirl said...

48 feet high! GIANTS!

I'm still having problems making comments on some blogs, but I finally realized they are all Blogspots. Blogger and Wordpress are fine.

Paulie said...

What an interesting sculpture and info about it and its creator. I had never heard of it before -- guess I don't get out much.