Saturday, August 9, 2008

Photo Hunt--Theme: Dark

See TnChick for more PhotoHunters.


We had not actually planned to go hiking to Boulder Cave when we were in Chinook Pass this past week, so we had not planned on flashlights. The only one we had along is the small one that is always in my husband's pack. The one in my pack was gone. I think I had lent it to one of the grandkids and not got it back.

A flashlight is not simply recommended in Boulder Cave. It is a requirement. In fact, make sure your batteries are strong, and it would be a good idea for each person in the party to have a flashlight.
~
Otherwise you will be using your camera flash for something like this:

...or this:


Aha! The light at the end of the tunnel--er--cave!


It was fun. We hadn't been to Boulder Cave for at least fifteen years, though it was a frequent trip when we took the kids to nearby Camp Roganunda.
~
Information about Boulder Cave can be found here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos - I have never been lucky enough to go spelunking - one day, maybe :)

judi/Gmj said...

Arg!! I got goose bumps just looking a the photos. I do not do caves. Good for you and your family. Good times are important.

mrsnesbitt said...

Phew! You have my admiration. I have a fear of closed spaces so the photographs of yours will donicely!LOL!

crpitt said...

I love exploring caves when I go hiking, but I hardly ever remember to bring a torch.

Love the pictures :)

Kyanite said...

Excelent Dark!
I've toured deep, dark caves in Derbyshire UK but no photos.

Rambling Woods said...

What a great idea for the theme. I don't care for closed in places, but it must have been exciting..

Anonymous said...

great take on the theme, I love it.

Max-e said...

Hi Katney, thanks for the visit and comments.
I have decided to try and sort out the blogger problems, because I prefer it to Wordpress.
Looks like the cave is a lot of fun, though I do tend to get claustrophobic in confined spaces.

Daryl said...

Nice shots ... and I think I might not have liked being in there ... unless maybe I had a BIG torch flashlight/lantern


:-Daryl

Lew said...

Dark for sure in a cave! Nice photos for a place without light.

bing said...

i am claustrophobic!

Anonymous said...

Great 'dark' submission. You have everything for the themes in this one area.

Carver said...

That looks like so much fun. Perfect for the dark theme.

cating said...

i'd love to explore that cave some day. i have always enjoyed spelunking:)

Christy Woolum said...

Great take on the dark theme. I have never been in caves, but this looks very interesting... a photo challenge!

Paulie said...

The only cave I have been is was at Carlsbad caverns in New Mexico a long time ago. I am not sure I would go in like this one without a flashlight.