Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ABC Revisiting N

If you have visited my blog over any period of time you will know that I am a fan of the National Parks. I have not only visited many of the National Parks of the American West, but can also claim parks in six other countries. So today for ABC Wednesday I will revisit a few of these
National Parks.
Cruising on Lake Periyar at Periyar National Park and Tiger Preserve in India. We did not see any tigers, but we did get a peek at some elephants, wild boar, cormorants, and had to keep our hotel windows closed to avoid being visited by the monkeys.


On our visit to the UK the summer of 2010, we hiked along Hadrian's Wall in Northumbria National Park.

Rock climbing is the focus activity at the Stolby National Park in Siberia, Russia.

Cruise ships come close to the calving glaciers in Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska.

Half Dome is the icon of Yosemite National Park in California.

Historic sites like Scotty's Castle in Death Valley National Park are preserved for the ages by the park service.


These are only a few of the sites I could post. The National Parks label below the post will take you to others of my National Park visits. Although unable to participate this summer because of my husband's illness, we have been National Park Volunteers for the last six or seven years. Support your National Parks wherever you are and the work done there to preserve our heritage.
ABC Wednesday--N

6 comments:

Roberto Machado Alves said...

Congratulations on your beautiful images. I really enjoyed.

Greetings from Roberto, Brazil

Roger Owen Green said...

I'd love to see any of the National Parks in the western half of the US

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Joy said...

Beautiful places to visit, I have browsed the US National Park site in the past, so many wonderful places to choose from. I love my local national park (the Lake District), recharges me every time I walk there. I can recommend the Vindolanda section on Hadrian's Wall.
Joy, ABC Team

imac said...

You sure get around, and get great captures.

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

Beautiful shots!

Chronicles of Illusions said...

What an array of amazing shots, and places you have managed to visit. So glad you shared them