Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sunday's Psalm--24th Sunday in Ordinary Time

I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.


I love the LORD because he has heard
my voice in supplication,

Because he has inclined his ear to me
the day I called.
I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.

The cords of death encompassed me;
the cords of the netherworld seized upon me;

I fell into distress and sorrow,
And I called upon the name of the LORD,
"O LORD, save my life!"


 I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.

Gracious is the LORD and just;
yes, our God is merciful.

The LORD keeps the little ones;
I was brought low, and he saved me.
I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.

For he  has freed my soul from death,
my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.

I shall walk before the LORD
in the land of the living.


I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The words are from Psalm 116: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9.
All the photos this week are from the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walks in Seattle in 2007 and 2008. The walk is being held in Seattle again this weekend, and I was tickled pink to find the text of this Sunday's Psalm highlighted walking before the Lord. If you are in the Seattle area, come out and cheer on the walkers, who have spent time and effort raising money and training to walk 60 miles in three days to help find a cure.
I am not with them today because we are in Alaska, but I will walk in Phoenix in November instead. I wonder what the psalm willl be for that day. If you would like to support this cause, I would love for you to do so by sponsoring me. If you would like more information, click the 3-Day Ambassador logo at the top of the sidebar.

3 comments:

PERBS said...

Good luck in your endeavor.

Kerrie said...

Kat, hope you know I sponsored you in your walk. You are a special lady. K

Liz Hinds said...

What a wonderfully appropriate psalm!