Sunday, June 14, 2009

Odd Shots--Where is the flame?

Do you see the candle flame? there at the top of the circle?
No, you don't. That is the reflection of the flame which is way down below the second ring. I stared at this all through dinner, trying to figure out where the wick was. If only I had looked down on the candle sooner...


This is the home of Odd Shots each Monday.
If you have an Odd shot, share it with us by adding a link
(if Mr. Linky is working.)
Add a comment, too, in case he isn't
(or just because it's good manners.)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a nightlight - the flame often seems about to drown.
Safer then the normal candle.

Poopsie aka Blue said...

As a candle fan, I really like this.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I so love candles! Love the illusions they create just like this one!

Thumbelina said...

That is fascinating. I think the flame even flickers on your picture! Optical illusions. Love them. Very clever.

cebu pictures said...

I like to ask if you are open for exchange link with my photo blog.

please comment if you agree

James said...

That is a really neat illusion.

Janie said...

Interesting! I never would have guess the flame on top was a reflection.

Martha Z said...

Great odd shot, maybe I'll play some day.

PERBS said...

I said YES and then you told me I was wrong! lol