Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ABC Wednesday--U is for ...


U is for traveling around Utah's National Parks and Monuments.


Arches National Park

Natural Bridges National Monument


Bryce Canyon National Park

Canyonlands National Park

Cedar Breaks National Monument

Petroglyphs of "Newspaper Rock" on the way to Canyonlands

Climber at Zion National Park
In addition to those pictured, there are Capitol Reef National Park, Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, Dinosaur National Monument, Hovenweep National Monument, and Timpanogos Cave National Monument.
There is always something different and interesting to explore when we drive through Utah on our way to visit our kids in Arizona.
ABC Wednesday, started by Denise, kept up at the ABC Wednesday blog, where you can see what bloggers all over the world have found to post for the letter U.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the pictures of Utah Nat'l Parks. My father helped build the rock cribs that are on the sides of the roads there when he was in the Civil Conservation Corps in the 1930's.

Liz Hinds said...

Now I wnat to visit Utah!

James said...

Amazing and beautiful pictures. I'm with Liz I want to go to Utah.

photowannabe said...

Isn't that an amazing part of our world? Great shots of each of the parks and perfect choices for the letter U.

Cindy said...

I love all your travel pics. Makes me want to go, go, go!

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful photos of some of my favorite places! A mini-vacation, much enjoyed!

PERBS said...

Some more great photo memories!

Dragonstar said...

Wonderful. Such incredible scenery! I'd love to go there.

Thanks for visiting mine, and thank you also on behalf of the ABC Team.

jay said...

We've been to Utah and loved it! We're planning a return trip, so these photos of the national parks are helpful in planning what we want to do. I think Arches and Canyonlands are a must, and I think I'd like to see Bryce again. We only saw it in the middle of the day and I'm sure it's sooo much better early or late. Sunset there must be magnificent!

Michele said...

Obviously so much to see and do in Utah. What a wonderful place to visit! I know that's one of the places I would go to see if I could travel... maybe I will one day.

Susan English Mason said...

I can't believe how many petroglyphs on that rock. I have found some in the rocks in Arizona but not that many all together.