Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My World Tuesday--Let's Read

Reading has always been an important part of my world. I have done my best to pass that love along to my own kids, to my grandkids, and to hundreds of kids when I was teaching and operating the school library.
So when I was asked to help with our local library's summer reading carnival, I was ready and willing.
Volunteers manned a dozen small carnival games after a story time in the library.
Kids had to read a number of books to be eligible to participate. They were pretty excited about some of the prizes.
See the world according to bloggers from just about everywhere through the links here.

4 comments:

Martha Z said...

It's great to see kids get excited about reading. When I was a kid every Saturday my mom would take my grandmother to do erands. The first stop was the library. I tried never to miss these trips to the library.

Janie said...

A love of reading is the best thing we can pass on to our children.

Liz Hinds said...

What a great way to encourage reading!

SandyCarlson said...

How completely wonderful!