Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday's Psalm--30th Sunday of Ordinary Time

R. I love you, Lord, my strength.

I love you, O LORD, my strength,

O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.

R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
My God, my rock of refuge,

my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold!

Praised be the LORD, I exclaim,
and I am safe from my enemies.

R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
The LORD lives and blessed be my rock!
Extolled be God my savior.

You who gave great victories to your king
and showed kindness to your annointed.

R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
Psalm 18: 2-3, 3-4, 47, 51
Photos:
-rock climber, Zion National Park, Utah
-rock climber, Peshastin Pinnacles, Wenatchee Valley, Wa
-cliff plant, First Burrows Mountain, Mt. Rainier National Park
-rock climbing, Столбы, The Stolby National Park, Siberia
-on the Grove of the Patriarchs Trail, Mt. Raineir National Park
-cliff, Zion National Park, Utah
-kayaker on Green Lake, Seattle

7 comments:

Tikno said...

Seems you likes natural world and a strong woman.

Sandi McBride said...

I believe that if more people spent time out in God's world, they would never worry about being loved, it's a wonderful place out there! These are glorious representations of His House! Thanks for sharing
Sandi

Mary said...

Lovely! I bet it was easy for you to find rock photos :-) My devotional this morning was on the "rock the builders rejected, has become the capstone". This adds to my apprecation of God as our Rock!

PERBS said...

It always takes me awhile to get to post on the psalm for each Sunday because I try to do my byb sunday blog fellows first. . . but it is refreshing to find a beautifully illustrated psalm when I do get here. I like the rock ones BUT that last photos is just perfect also!

Thanks for remembering Mary on your hat.

PERBS said...

O WOW! I missed the first photo with the crevices looking like the shape of a cross and when I finished my last comment and went back, there it was! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great catch. . .

dixymiss said...

Lovely, Katney. I especially like the frame entitled "rock of refuge." Beautifully done. ThanX for the encouragement.

Louis la Vache said...

Many Lutheran parishes marked the beginning of the Reformation this Sunday and substituted Psalm 46, the Psalm Luther used as the basis for the quintessential Lutheran hymn, "A Mighty Fortress is Our God."