Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Celebrate

Our header theme is Celebrate.

We have had a lot to celebrate at church the last few weeks.

starting with Confirmation a few weeks ago.
 
followed by First Communion last weekend, with more to come in a couple of weeks.
 
Last night we celebrated our volunteers with an appreciation meal. I had my camera along, but in the midst of several gallons of homemade chili, several pans of cornbread, a huge bowl of salad, and dozens and dozens of cookies, it sat on the counter.  But before the event started the hall looked something like this picture from an earlier gathering:
Hmmm. It seems that several of us took home some leftover chili. (Always better to have too much than to run out.) A few cuts of cornbread, and a small bowl of salad also went home. Roses were sent home. But somehow no cookies went home with anyone. How did that happen?
 
A couple of months ago I celebrated meeting the author of Jesus; A Pilgrimage, Fr. James Martin S.J. (It's a great book, by the way.)
My brother sent me this picture with which we celebrate Spencer's schooling.
OK, apparently I never posted a picture of my brother's puppy Spencer here on the blog. This is Spencer on the right and his brother Chester on the left. Or is it Spencer on the left and Chester on the right. Oh, Lynne and Connor are on the other end of the leashes--my niece and grandnephew who live with Chester. Aren't they gorgeous? (All four of them.)
 
The problem was, Spencer's manners left much to be desired. Spencer has now been to school (with my brother Don in tow) and is making great progress. Something to be celebrated.
 
 
All great celebrations. But every day in every way we take time to celebrate life and what health we have and every day we still have left together. This time last fall on a hike in Chinook Pass to Sheep Lake.
 
What are my headbanger friends celebrating? I have to go have a look as I may be the latest posting today. Their links are in my sidebar.
 


7 comments:

Tom said...

A very nice set of pictures Kathy, and so much to celebrate..

Craver Vii said...

Yup. As much as I love taking pictures at different events, sometimes, you just have to put the camera down and be fully involved with the people as the thing is happening.

I was surprised at the angle at which you shot the confirmation. Where were you standing?

imac said...

Mighty fine celebrations Kathy, love your header

heritagemom said...

I love the last bit in your post about how every day is a celebration of life. Very fitting!

Lew said...

Every new day is a celebration and when the crowd is in a festive mood, it's time to join in! (And the dogs are gorgeous)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Neat look at the recent celebrations in your area Kathy.

Liz Hinds said...

Beautiful dogs and a lovely way to end with a celebration of daily life with your loved one.