Monday, November 22, 2010

A treat while waiting in my world

If you have come early to the airport to get through security, and the airport is not particularly busy so security takes about half a minute, and your flight is one hour delayed, it could be boring.

As we were waiting, a group of puppy raisers for Guide Dogs of America came in to give their trainees some experience of the sights and sounds of an airport. There were eight beautiful young dogs and eight enthusiastic puppy raisers. Puppy raisers very generously raise these dogs to give them up, giving them their initial training in behavior and socialization, familiarizing them with situations in public places, teaching them to remain calm no mater what as facilitators assess them for the needed temperament. This group gather for outings such as this one on a fairly regular basis.



That calm no matter what part seems to be working well.
After spending a half hour or more in the terminal waiting area, this dedicated group went on their way to their next learning adventure.
That's what happenend to liven up My World this afternoon. To see what's happening in other parts of the world, visit the My World site.

8 comments:

L. Neusiedler said...

beautiful creatures! I love dogs, got two of my own.

Arija said...

So much better than drinking endless cups of coffee or watching TV. I would love one of those golden retrievers.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Oh che dolci questi cani.
magnifici nella loro pazienza d'attesa.
Buona giornata :)
Myriam

Martha Z said...

Beautiful dogs, my sister raised several quide dogs and found a retired guide dog for our mother after our father died.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, how wonderful. I love the Golden Retrievers in particular, but they're all great-looking youngsters. We would like to have our Lindy certified as a therapy dog, because she loves to visit people.
Thanks for sharing these sweeties with us!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

imac said...

These dogs are beautiful my friend.

sunflowerkat said...

Your first photo really tells a great story. I love dogs and have always had one. We have a golden now. I don't know how these people are able to let go of a puppy they raised. I'd never be able to do it.

Kat
http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/

Liz Hinds said...

Can't quite see George doing that!