Monday, November 22, 2010

Drawing

On Thursday evening before the walk, my grandnephew Connor drew a name from my hat to determine who among my donors would receive my 3-Day quilt this year. The winner was Arlo, a friend from home, so we will take the quilt home with us to give him when we return.
Connor then checked through every slip of paper to make sure his grandfather's name was in there. My fundraising record currently reads 98%, but there are some donations that have not been recorded yet. The account remains open for four weeks from the event. The walk in San Diego raised over 10.6 million dollars.

4 comments:

imac said...

Congrats my friend.

Martha Z said...

Good job! I hope that you are not the worse for the ware.

Kerrie said...

Hurray for the success of the fundraiser!! Hugs to you, Kerrie

Liz Hinds said...

Fantastic! Well done again, katney.