Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rose Garden Update


Plundered!
When I first wrote here about the Rose Garden, I did not know what the plan was for the old rose garden which had been established more than seventy years ago by the Grandview Garden Club. Now I know. My walk this morning took me through the park where the Rose Garden was located.

The new Rose Garden is lovely, and will be enjoyed by many in its location at the entry to town, but I am sad to see the old one go. All that remains are half a dozen bushes and a lot of weeds. Most of the roses were relocated to the new garden.
But look under the red roses. What do I see among the cast off prunings?

Mr. and Mrs. Quail like the changes.
I look forward to learning what is planned for the space where the old Rose Garden graced the park for so many years.


No comments: