Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things I remember (2)

When I was in seventh or eighth grade we did a school musical. It was the Pied Piper of Hamelin. I was one of the townspeople--the chorus. The script had a Town Crier who would run on stage every so often to announce " 'portant news!" about various things. Some were things to sort of nudge the progress of the plot. Others were comical asides about the rats or the town council.

Some of the Town Crier's messages were edited for local color. Some others were added.

The one that I remembered this morning was this:

" 'Portant news! 'portant news! The rats have eaten Father Bradley's trousers."

Maybe the label should be "Crazy things I remember." or possibly "Why'd I suddenly remember that?"

1 comment:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Katney,
è sempre molto piacevole, per me, leggere dei ricordi degli altri...
condividere delle emozioni ci fà sentire sempre un pò più vicini pur essendo molto lontani.
Buona giornata :-)