Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Geometry Monday!

Just a reminder that I actually posted my Monday's Geometry on Saturday--along with my Weekend Reflection.

But here's another bit of amazing use of geometry in engineering from my Dad's album.

You know, I don't really care how many triangles make that strong, to me, that is one scary looking bridge. It spanned the Snake River at Twin Falls, Idaho, and was replaced in 1974 with the one I featured here, which gives me a lot more confidence. At the time this picture was taken, it was the highest bridge in the world. (I wrote about that, too.)

And look--both a reflection and a shadow as well. Thanks, Dad.

1 comment:

dixymiss said...

That is an amazing structure ~ just look at all those lovely X's! But, I must admit, it makes my acrophobic heart skip a beat. Yikes!