Thursday, June 26, 2014

Now why are you taking a picture of that?

otherwise sometimes stated as:
 
What are you taking a picture of now?
 
What on earth are you doing lying on the sidewalk?
 
What in the world are you doing?
 
Do you always take a picture of your ketchup?

I provided the theme for the headbangers this week, and as we will be camping I am scheduling this post and early posting the header.
 We were stopped for lunch a hundred miles from home. I had a new camera. I was testing out the settings while waiting for my fish and chips. And I hear the voice of Ernie--just as far from home. "Do you always take a picture of your ketchup, Kathy?"


It made me laugh a couple of years later when we were lunching in San Francisco and we had these tiny ketchup bottles. I had to take a picture for Ernie.
 
 I often take pictures of architectural detail -- airport floors, restroom tiles, this stonework in San Francisco -- I see quilt designs everywhere.
 
 
Of course I had to take a picture of the odometer of my Honda when we traded it.
 
Maybe my best what on earth are you doing shot was taken in Scotland on our first day of hiking in the summer of 2010. The group had really not gotten beyond the first getting to know each other, and our guide, Sean, may have been a bit exasperated with my lagging behind. He saw me down on my knees with my camera.
 
"WHAT. ON. EARTH. ARE. YOU.
TAKING. A. PICTURE. OF. NOW?"
No one else had noticed this.
 
We all were a bit more aware of the large and small of our surroundings for the rest of the trip.
 
On Wednesday afternoon take a look at the other members of our competition who are linked in my sidebar and see what they have been doing when asked a similar question.


3 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

What a fun photo, sorry we missed you for the voting. I really liked your photo.

Craver Vii said...

This looks like match sticks.

Liz Hinds said...

That's a lovely header. well done for spotting it and making it into such a great photo.