Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shadows

Lew gave us the theme of Shadows for this week's header challenge. I remembered a header I used some time ago with the wildflower shadows. The image is actually rotated 90ยบ--the shadows were of the flowers along the trail ahead of us.


Ant shadows would be fun to work with.
We recently did shadows at Stonehenge. No, we haven't been to the UK again. This is Stonehenge overlooking the Columbia River in Washington state.
 
(My granddaughter learned in her Washington State History class that they did not name the state Columbia so that it would not be confused with the District of Columbia.   Hmm. Like that worked.)
 
This shadow of a frog picture was taken at Shadow Lake (pictured below.)
 
Cloud shadows show up when you look down on the Valley...

 
...or up at the mountain.

But I determined that the best shadow picture for today would be a picture of Shadow and his shadow.
You've heard of a churchmouse? Well, Shadow is a churchcat. He first showed up at the door of the classrooms at church about four years ago. Trying to get kids in the door and  cats not in the door, I shooed him away.
 
Next day he got smart. He found his way around the other side of the church to the rectory, where he was adopted by Fr. Jaime and his secretary Terri. Shadow is now a pampered fixture around the parish. If he had cooperated with me and posed, I would have even shown you his little Roman Collar. Somewhere in his ancestry is undoubtedly a tuxedo cat, but all he has is a little white marking under his chin.
 
The rest of the Headbangers will be along by Wednesday afternoon--well, except for Mac who is cruising again. You can find their entries by clicking their links in my sidebar.

4 comments:

Lew said...

And the cat came back (from the shadows). Perfect choice for the theme! And the proper cat for the priest with the bit of a white collar. Love your Stonehenge and mountain shadows.

Craver Vii said...

Excellent shadows! The frog is my favorite.

Liz Hinds said...

I think I like the frog shadow best!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

I enjoyed your captures Kathy. I think your frog was the best shadow photo. BTW: I just read some comments and see they agreed with me.