Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fruits

Notwithstanding that I live in the Fruit Basket of the nation and could go out wandering the Valley to take pictures of any number of luscious examples of fruits, workers in the fruit, trees full of fruit, fruit stands, and other fruity examples, I didn't.

My gas tank stands near empty and I would have to fill it. Which I am not adverse to do but just lazy at the moment, though I will undoubtedly get gas before the day is over.

The thing is, all I had to do was go out to my patio and take a picture of MY fruit.

Some would argue that the tomato is a vegetable, but for the purposes here it is the fruit of the tomato plant and it is growing RIGHT HERE IN A POT ON MY PATIO. We haven't had much in the way of a vegetable garden for several years, what with spending much of the summer either traveling, volunteering at the National Park, or more recently, visiting doctors on a sometimes more than weekly basis.

I counted three, but see that there are several more which will be appearing. The other plant has bunches. These are Better Bush, a big enough tomato for a sandwich or salad. The others are cherry.

And I could still count this header for last week's theme of Green, right?

My mouth is watering already.

What fruits did my headbanger friends find to head their blogs? Check them out from the links in my sidebar.

 

5 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Kudos on the double theme of green AND fruit!! It's good to have things growing in one's own garden. Right now, we've scaled back a lot and we're only serious about growing a few spices for cooking. The fruit and veggies will have to wait until next year.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Kathy: Certainly a farmer would know a tomato is a fruit. It is used with so many vegetables that it is confusing. Hope all is going well with the hubby.

Lew said...

Nothing better than a home grown tomato!

Liz Hinds said...

Our first tomatoes are just ripe - and very delicious!

Liz Hinds said...

Especially warm from the greenhouse.