Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

So himself made a reservation for dinner this evening at Whistlin Jack's, which is about an hour and a half to an hour and three quarters drive from here up into the pass. Lovely place, quiet, cool, foresty, sounded a Mothers Day treat.

So after thinking a bit, I asked him this morning why he made the reservation so late (6:30--we usually eat about 5:30 and on Sundays we don't do lunch, so it seemed late. Plus since he is on restriction for driving for a couple of days, all the driving is on me--the Mother.)

I though we would go hiking through Boulder Cave in the afternoon and do some exploring.

Er.....

You aren't allowed to drive, carry anything over five pounds, or climb stairs and you think you are hiking through Boulder Cave?

I think not.

I thought all the kids had grown up and moved out!

The WJ's reservation is cancelled, a local reservation made for dinner, and we are going to the movies to keep cool.

 

1 comment: