Wednesday, April 17, 2013

That's Strange! #2

Okay, so that header is none of those images I was choosing from last night. Lew sent me a link of interest this morning -- NASA Photo of the Day which reminded me of something strange that occurs over some of our Cascade peaks.

So I tracked back to find one of my lenticular cloud images from Mt. Rainier. It is not the most spectacular example of this phenomenon. If you want to see some really strange ones, just do an image search for lenticular clouds. Wikipedia explains it here.


6 comments:

Lew said...

The atmosphere can show us some strange sights and this is a great one! We do not see these clouds here. When I saw the APOD photo last night I thought of you even though Mt Hood is not quite out your back door.

Craver Vii said...

Two posts?!! That's strange in itself. :-)

Maybe the conditions here prevent those cloud formations, but I've never seen that, either. That photo makes a great header. Your VW beetle from the previous post is especially enigmatic.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Kathy: A beautiful capture of a spectacular place. I certainly enjoyed the snow in July when I visited.

Julie said...

This is mac
Gold to craver
Silver to Kathy

Stewart.

Love the mountain halo.

Julie said...

This is mac
Gold to craver
Silver to Kathy

Stewart.

Love the mountain halo.

Liz Hinds said...

Wow! That's beautiful.