Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Headbangers Theme: Garden Birds

I do get birds in my yard. Here is the evidence:
 But the birds don't hang around to pose for me.

Maybe this is why:
I do have some particular neighbor birds who are not daunted by the cat--in fact, they come over to dine with the cats.



Dave chose the theme of Garden Birds for this week, inspired by the annual count of birds that come to your yard in a day in the UK--similar to our Christmas Bird Count here in the US.





Maybe I should try a different garden--the grounds at Maryhill Museum:


or the "yard" when we camped
at Sun Lakes State Park:












I have a friend with a rather special "garden bird". I will go visit and take a picture. You will see it in the header.

3 comments:

imac said...

Certainly different birds in the garden Kathy,metal ones - Good out of the box thinking here.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Kathy: I guess your cat rules the area. Love some of the birds you have shown.

Dave Cawkwell said...

Well we have 3 cats of our own that roam the garden plus 3 that live next door and 2 next door to that but fortunately the birds around here are wise to them and there's always plenty of warning signals squawked and tweeted when they are on the prowl.
Great imaginative use of rakes etc in your header that's some bird you have there.