Wednesday, September 5, 2007

2 Days to 3-Day


I won't get a chance to blog again until after the 3-Day event. If you are in Seattle, watch for the walkers on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The opening ceremonies are at Bellevue Community College at 6:15 a.m. on Friday. Closing Ceremonies are Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. at Memorial Stadium in Seattle Center.


On Friday we walk across the I-90 Floating Bridge, down the west side of Lake Washington, and across through Renton and Tukwilla to Burien. On Saturday we walk in a loop south from Burien and back to the camp there. On Sunday we will start at Alki Point and walk to downtown and the Seattle Center endpoint.


You can see where there are good places to come and cheer the walkers and offer support at URL removed for 2008.

Rachel and I are the Janes for Jane and Ann. We are Kathy Jane and Rachel Jane--two of more than five generations of Janes in the family.

Jane, my mother, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992. The previous year, her HMO had denied her a mammogram. She lost her battle in January of 1995.

Ann, my sister, was diagnosed about the same time as Mother. Initially her treatment was successful, but her cancer returned in 2000, and she passed away in 2003, the day after her 48th anniversary.





It is not too late to sponsor on-line.
My 2009 sponsorship page.

Thank you to everyone for support of all sorts.

3 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What a grand thing you are doing!
Your Mother and sister were lovely, and I know they are smiling down on you as you walk.

Teena in Toronto said...

Thanks for doing the walk!

admin said...

I wish you well on you walk...

I admire you for doing it! :-)