Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer is Here!

I made a quick trip through the summer files to find some images representative of summer.  Here is a selection of what I found.

Summer is very busy when you live in America's Fruit Bowl.

For some reason, the images I post below jump to above. Typical summer crop in this agricultural area.
 
Summer at Tipsoo Lake

 
and summer out on the lake (not Tipsoo)
Everything grows like weeds in the summer.


Stonehenge is an icon of the summer solstice. This is our Stonehenge down on the bluff above the Columbia River. It is a memorial for local military lost in WWI and was built by Sam Hill.





 
We have a weekly challenge to post a new header according to a theme. The challenge members are linked in my sidebar.

4 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

How neat to use Stonehenge to commemorate WWI losses.

Lew said...

Great choice for Summer! And also a great photo of the stones.

heritagemom said...

Nice summer images, Kathy! I love how you captured the local Stonehenge; it's a nice play of sun and shadows.

imac said...

Lovely Header - A real Summer shot too. Kathy.