Tuesday, December 30, 2014

STEAMING into the NEW YEAR

A pot of soup maybe? Tea kettle? a dunk in the hot tub? How can I do Steaming into the New Year? When Mac gave us this theme and then escaped to Cornwall for the New Year's Holiday it didn't occur to me to contemplate taking any pictures while cooking Christmas dinner, nor did I have time to do a thorough search of my photo files for steamy images.

I thought back, though, to our recent drive to Arizona. On that route as we pass by Cement Plant Road south of Baker City, Oregon, we generally are in the dark as we approach the road's namesake. My usual attempts to catch a photographic glimpse of the plant come out like this: 















 or this:

 
 
 

 

We don't stop for the cement plant no matter how much I want to get a shot.
 
This time, my new camera provided the possibility for a faster shutter, and with hubby driving and carefully keeping the camera as still as possible while traveling 60 mph, I got a much truer view of the brightly lit plant--including the STEAM.
 

So that bit of steam is all I have to offer. (I really love the abstract jiggledy light trails of the other images though.)

My esteemed headbanger colleagues will have done much better with the steam I am sure. Check them out from the links on my sidebar.

3 comments:

Craver Vii said...

I love that you included the other pics! While it is true that a picture is worth a thousand words, sometimes it's nice to hear the story behind the story.

Happy New Year, my friend!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Fun capture from the moving car, it is so hard to stop.

Liz Hinds said...

Good capture, Katney.