Tuesday, September 2, 2014

One from Many--E Pluribus Unum

Christine said that we did not have to look at the theme in a patriotic way. Her definition of its origin is that  many nationalities make up our one nation. I think rather that it is that many states make up one nation. Although either of these patriotic interpretations would explain its presence on the Great Seal of the United States, Wikipedia traces its origin to an early publication, wherein articles from many sources were collected into one magazine.

Well, I suppose my interpretation is patriotic, as the samples I happened to have convenient images of are quilts made for the American Hero Quilts project and thus with the patriotic colors of red, white, and blue and their destination being their presentation to some of our wounded warriors, well, what can I say....?


 The obvious connection of the quilts to the theme is that many pieces make up one quilt. That stretches further in that with the exception of the piece below which I did on my own, the many pieces came from many quilters.

And so, e pluribus piecus, Unum quiltum.
 

OOOooooooo! There is nothing like a good pun, and that was nothing like a good pun.

From what many will my compadres create one? Check my sidebar links to see.

Hey guys! I made it. (Internet was not cooperating and it was iffy.)

5 comments:

imac said...

Neat idea Kathy, glad you were able to post My Friend. Hope all goes well @ The Hospital too.

Craver Vii said...

Quilting strikes me as a tremendous amount of work, but I sure do like the outcome! These are great!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Glad you made it Kathy, beautiful quilt work.

heritagemom said...

So glad you posted--those quilts are amazing. Great pictures! (And great quilting!!)

Lew said...

One great gift out of many stitches for the most deserving men and women who have served!