Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Headbangers--Smoke

Craver gave us the theme of Smoke a couple of weeks ago, before this:

 Which I described here.

Smoke is a good thing or a bad thing.



The smoky haze which has hovered over the Valley from the Mile Marker 28 fire in Satus Pass joined the smoky haze from the Colockum Tarps fire to the north of us. Both fires are still burning, but more closely to being contained. The smoke made breathing more difficult, especially for those with respiratory problems. We were advised to gauge activities to limit exposure to the smoke.
Smoke and clouds combined to limit the view of the mountain.


 
A little smoke from the campfire just adds to the warmth and relaxation of the day--as long as it doesn't chase you no matter where you sit. Smoke follows beauty. Yeah, sure.
The best smoke!

Again I am posting early because I am really busy this week. The other Headbangers, linked in my sidebar, will have smoky posts and headers up by Wednesday afternoon.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Kathy: Very nice post, the fire smoke always tries to go where I sit.

MJ said...

Campfire smoke is the best!! I love coming home afterwards and you can still smell it in your clothes...