Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chaos!

Well, it isn't exactly chaos, but consider, if that was how things actually looked when you were standing up straight, things would be very chaotic.
 
 
I've been down and out with a cold all week, so had no chance to take a picture better depicting chaos. Hubby suggested pictures from after the floods at Mt. Rainier six years ago next week. Some of the scenes were pretty chaotic--huge trees thrown down the ridge into the Ohanepecosh River. Campsites destroyed. Washouts on several park roads. Roofs blown off fire lookouts and dropped in the valley below.
 
 
It suggests also the chaos after the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. Look at the trees tossed helter skelter--even thirty years after the big blow.
It's a little too close to what is happening in the Eastern US right now. Looks a lot more interesting and less frightening after six or thirty years.
 
But this picture does it for me. It is as it came from the camera--upside down. That is how I had to hold the camera to take the picture over my shoulder from the Seattle Big Wheel.

 
Which for me is kind of chaotic anyway.
 
This is our headbangers theme this week. Chaos!
Christopher gave it to us. I wonder what chaos he is getting into this week.
He and the others are listed in my sidebar.
 
This picture makes me dizzy. Dizzier than when we rode the wheel.
 


5 comments:

imac said...

Thats sure is one Chaos City Kathy.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Kathy: I thought it was a reflection and the sky was water, Loved the Mt. Rainier photo the best.

Unknown said...

Not sure I would be able to take a photo either way up on a big wheel, as not a fan of heights

Unknown said...

The flood damage picture is pretty epic. It's amazing what nature can do when it's annoyed!

Liz Hinds said...

That is a very dizzy-making photo!