Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sunday's Psalm--Fifth Sunday of Lent

R. Create a clean heart in me, O God.

Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
and of my sin cleanse me.

Create a clean heart in me, O God.


A clean heart create for me, O god,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence,
and your Holy Spirit take not from me.
Create a clean heart in me, O God.

Give me back the joy of your salvation,
and a willing spirit sustain in me.
I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners shall return to you.
Create a clean heart in me, O God.

Psalm 51: 3-4, 12-13, 14-15

Photos
Stolby National Park, Siberia
laundry day, TamilNadu, India
fountain, Seattle waterfront
goats, Kerala, India
subalpine meadow, Mt. Rainier National Park, Washington

geese, Maryhill State Park, Washington


7 comments:

Patricia said...

One of my favorite psalms, Katney, and so perfect for Lent.

imac said...

Great Psalm matched only by your great photos.

SquirrelQueen said...

Katney,
You find the most beautiful photos.
SQ

betty-NZ said...

Very nicely photo enhanced psalm. Thanks.

Gypsy at heart said...

Your photos add so much to the reading of the Psalm. Thank you.

PERBS said...

We sing that psalm in church -- I love th tune for it!

Christy Woolum said...

I love this psalm and the photos match it well. I hope you are enjoying your new camera. I love the story above about the catsup bottle!